Back to Normal: A Chiropractor’s Solution to Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain can be hard to deal with, but it’s good that there are specialists, such as chiropractors, who can help remedy your discomfort. They have proven clinical solutions and practices that will help you gradually feel better. However, what exactly can a chiropractor do? What are they addressing when it comes to your lower back pain?
This article will help you better understand the chiropractor’s solution to relieve your lower back pain. We will first look into the major causes of lower back pain. Then, we will discuss what the chiropractor may do to help relieve the pain and allow you to move again without effort.
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Lower back pain is more commonly known in the medical field as sciatica, which refers to a chronic and intense pain in the back that extends down to the legs. This is often due to muscle or ligament damage that needs to be gradually stretched out. Take note of the following common causes of lower back pain:
- Intense workout: You can overexert your back muscle commonly when you do weight lifting and other lower back exercises. The pain often leaves after a few days of rest, yet there is a deeper muscular issue when the pain is more chronic. Chiropractic care is the preferred option for assistance, as it helps you to still stay active but within stages of gradual recovery.
- Uneven weight distribution: Overweight individuals are more prone to lower back pain due to the uneven distribution of weight. The ligaments are stressed out to the point that the pain cannot easily be relieved with over-the-counter painkillers. Exercise and proper stretching can help to greatly reduce lower back pain.
- Poor posture: Keep in mind that you can gradually increase your chances of getting chronic lower back pain because of your sitting and standing posture. Prolonged poor posture habits easily stress out your muscles and ligaments. Chiropractic care will help you to correct your posture and ease the pain.
- Age: Elderly people typically experience lower back pain due to the deterioration of their lower back and bones. There may also be other medically related complications at play like osteoporosis and scoliosis. You will need to consult with a geriatrics specialist in regards to this, but they may also look to the help of a chiropractor. They are the ones to approach when you are recommended to strengthen your back and relieve the pain gradually.
- Spinal Misalignments: As you encounter stresses, they can cause your bones to misalign and pinch the nerves in the back causing back pain. Chiropractic will help realign your bones to take pressure off these nerves.
The Chiropractic Solution to Lower Back Pain
Discover what your chiropractor offers as viable solutions to better your body’s natural healing and resilience to lower back pain:
- Getting Adjusted: The primary role will be to get proper alignment in your spine which will take pressure off your nervous system. This will help increase the communication to your muscles ligaments, while reducing inflammation to the nerves.
- Strengthening exercises: Lower back pain can be addressed through the gradual introduction of proper back conditioning or strengthening exercises. This will also help your back to better carry around your weight and correct your posture in the process. The expert will also recommend proper daily exercises to help maintain your back’s condition. The main goal is to avoid the return of lower back pain through proper back strengthening.
- Stretching exercises: Muscles and ligaments may be worn out and need to be correctly realigned. You may already be stretching your back, but you need the chiropractor’s care and knowledge to pull this off correctly. They make use of your back’s natural inclination, as the force is evenly distributed through your upper back and legs.
At this point, you now realize that chiropractic care offers effective solutions to sufferers of lower back pain. They also have the expertise in movement and precise conditioning to allow you to naturally relieve the pain. Be sure to seek out your chiropractor’s help today to get back to normal.
Are you in need of the best chiropractors in Tulsa? We at Inside Out Chiropractic can provide you with that as we specialize in neurologically-based chiropractic care to serve you. Get in touch with us today to see how we can provide relief and recovery for your lower back!